Friday, March 19, 2010

Getting back to what matters

It's been awhile, 3 months, since Duffy past away. Guess it's time to get on with it.

Artistic Reality

I have been doing some drawing and painting. Taking a "Painting the figure in oil" class that has been very helpful to someone who has been out of the media for 30 years. It's improved my ability to mix a clean and clear palette as well as make better color decisions.
We went to Fisherman's Terminal yesterday, 3/18/10, and did a little plein aire painting.  The weather was sunny and the wind was a bit cold.  This was my first time really using my new pochade box for my acrylic media.  In addition, it is one of the first pictures of a piece which I've tried to post using Adobe Element.  So, I'm getting aquainted with media, weather, and editing and organizing pochade boxes.  It's not the best result in the world but it is a beginning.
Here is another one that seemed to be okay.  I'm not too sure about the drawing quality.  (I'm always doubtful about my own abilities).  However, I went to an open figure drawing session two weeks ago and actually came out with something I liked.  So, I'm sharing.

FINA Masters 2010 Sweden

I haven't made my plane reservations yet for Gotenborg, Sweden, but I have officially signed up for events to swim at the international masters event.  I'll be swimming 200, 400, and 800 freesyle, plus 200 backstroke and the open water 1.5 mile event at the end of the party.  So, I guess I need to make my reservations. 

Orkney

I need to find a discussion group or try to establish a contact to find out what my prospects are for living for a year in the Orkney Islands and keeping a drawing/painting journal.  Any hints?


I'll return at least at the end of next week.  Again a group is going to Richmond Highlands Saltwater Park next Thursday to do a bit of plein aire work.  I'm going.  Maybe I'll have something to show.   Hope so.

Leigh

No comments:

Post a Comment