Sunday, March 28, 2010

Crazy Week

Passing of PC the Cat


PC was the oldest female cat in our household of 3 felines.  She'd been ill for about a year but was doing fine until last Tuesday.  We think she had a stroke or some type of episode which triggered her sudden decline.  But, early Thursday morning about 1 AM she passed away in her little cat bed. 


We are now down to two cats, Jello and BluePurr.  These two now rule the house with iron paws as the dynamics change for the second time in three months. 


Drawing and Painting

This week produced two figure studies.  One in oil using a very limited palette of one hot, one neutral, and one cold color.  In this case yellow ocher, burnt sienna, and ultramarine blue.  Unfortunately my figure seems to blend with the couch and do a bit of disappearing but I'll try again soon,

The drawing figure was a foreshortening exercise.  I did okay in the allotted 3 hours and feel I'm getting a little better.  Again, I'll keep working and learning.

1 comment:

  1. wow, it has been too long since I've visited! These are astonishing figure studies!
    Sorry for your loss of magnificent PC -- a beautiful picture of her!

    ReplyDelete