Sunday, May 23, 2010

Trip to Goteborg, Sweden and Week in Shetland Isles

It is all arranged and confirmed.  I'll be swimming in the FINA World Master's Swimming event in Goteborg, Sweden July 30 - August 7, 2010.  The air transport is booked, we have a house or two rented (there are about 10 swimmers plus a few others going in our group from Seattle), events have been entered: 200, 400, 800 meter freestyle,  200 backstroke, and the open water swim (1.5 mile). 

After Sweden, I am taking a week to go visit the Shetland Islands and to do some plein air journaling.   I'll fly from Goteborg to Aberdeen, Scotland routing through London.  Then take the Northlink overnight ferry from Aberdeen to Lerwick, Shetland, Scotland.  It was nice to find a small bed and breakfast on the main island for a 5 night stay.  Afterwards, I'm flying from Sumburgh (southern tip of the Shetlands) to Edinburgh with a one night stay and leaving very early morning August 15th to fly back to Seattle. 


Painting/Drawing

I've been continuing to paint and draw but just not disciplined enough to document the process.  I'll get there.  Journaling is not something I've totally committed to and find hard to sit down to create.  


Legs, pencil 2H on white paper.


Fisherman's Wharf, water color, plein air in sketch book


I'll get back to doing more.  Meanwhile I need to figure out how to get from the Aberdeen Airport to the Northlink Ferry terminal on a Sunday afternoon.  

1 comment:

  1. wonderful, beautiful legs and feet! And I love revisiting your boats.
    Too exciting about Sweden and Scotland! You will be missed but we will relish the resulting sketches!

    ReplyDelete